Saturday, March 31, 2007

'Tis a Puzzlement

This link above is for a puzzle web site that I use to just rest my brain. Jigzone.com - and you will get a timed opportunity to configure this lady bug puzzle. (I found this on some one else site and fell in love!!) It also provides you will chances to have a different cut - oh, do I like the bulbs - and in those cuts you'll fit squares, bricks, large and small. There is even a US states cut, forming the 48 continental states, one is California, one is Massachusetts - you get the picture!

Some people enjoy tv, some like sports, some video war and destruction or car driving and racing, some reach for spider solitaire, some need constant simulus from music or video - we all got our something. For me, when I want a chance to just chill, I reach for a puzzle. I have one on our dining room table as we speak, a large lion on a starry night with glow-in-the-dark patterns strewn throughout it. Its been an interesting project.

Puzzles - I love 'em. Big and small, round or tall, I haven't met a puzzle I didn't like. Cool 3-d ones - I never even want to take them apart. Or puzzle companies who reserve one piece that you have to send a picture of your 99.99999% completed project before they release the last piece through the mail (What's up with that power trip anyway?) The hardest one I ever met, so far, was 2500 round of an overflowing pile of Oreo cookies and all the pieces were exactly the same size cut. except for the middle cookie which was an OREO itself. So cool! IT TOOK FOREVER, and I loved it. I might have only been able to get three pieces connected at a time, but it was an engaging and challenging.

And no matter what kind is sitting in front of me...I do the same thing, everytime. Stinkin' everytime. The edge pieces are supreme - they have always and will always get my attention first and foremost. Defining the parameter, everything else will fall into its place. Finding the pieces that fit and moving them slowly together.

I love finding the pieces that fit in situations - the pieces that help you understand someone or something so much clearer, more intensive. If I was a superhero, I might be The Puzzler (but I would secretly want to have Mrs. Incredible's costume with those amazing thigh high boots and all!)

And a note for today - we all have days that are written in infamy for us. Days we know are coming - excited or dreading - and they will hit is with their fervor and strength. A birthday (Am I really going to be 40 this year?) Special anniversary (Have I really been married for 17 years?). Amazingly public event of effort and unity for your community and ministry. (Will it all come together with everything, with everyone?) For all of us there is a day we are looking into the future A day of infamy that is calling our name. Sure all those listed above are important to me, the spring is a big deal.

Yet for me...I just don't think I'm going to be able to wait all the way until... July 21.

It can't get here soon enough, I'm holding back the reigns as it is. The midnight release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. After seeing the release of the book covers (which share so much of the story if you are willing to inspect and deduce) it has whetted my thirst to be able to get my hands on a copy...

...I'm dyin'.

1 comment:

anniebuck2 said...

Yes, those are my photos...and really the pictures are not as good as the real thing. I like to think I came close though! :) I didn't really say this in the my random post but that road trip is something I will never forget. There were so many divine moments in that trip that changed me. I am different because of what I experienced and being open to what God had to say to me.