Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Humility



photo Annie Buckles 2006
(xanga anniebuck)
India
Humility in service, with heart to God and a hand to man.

Humility

To be united with Christ,
Trusting in Him
Is the deep felt prayer of my soul.
To be created brand new,
Living for Him
With a holy love, full, pure and whole.

Accomplishments can bring,
Like bright gems on a string,
A self-confidence – “Look, look at me!”
“If I can do more,
Show you how I can soar
Then I’ll have greater value, wait and see.”

But this empty existence,
Is a full front resistance
To the life Jesus lived, everyday;
Humility is key,
Not accomplishments, “look at me”
Jesus said, “You see God when You see Me. I’m the Way”


Humility brings,
Humility sings
A nurtured confidence of the soul.
One that looks at a cross,
Not focusing on loss
But embraces surrendered control.

My confidence resides
In the Person that provides
Salvation and holiness with grace.
My attitude should be
Showing Christ alive in me –
When He embraced the cross, He took my place.

Humility in my walking,
Humility in my talking,
Humility in my serving,
Humility, undeserving
Of God’s indescribable gift –
Christ in me.

jsi

If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from His love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of vain conceit but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interest, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made Himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness, and being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death – even death on the cross. Philippians 2:1-8

No comments: