Monday, March 26, 2007

I'm Watching you, Mom





I'm Watching You, Mom

I’m watching you, mom
Everything that you do.
You don’t feel it, but
My eyes are trained in on you.
When I make mistakes,
When I try to hide
You help my heart ache
Pain subside.

I’m watching you, mom
It might not always show, but
I watch everything,
As I silently grow.
Patterned in my heart-
Your movements, your smile,
Your reactions, your love,
Your unstoppable style.

I’m watching you, mom
It is no easy thing:
When a problem arises
Family justice you bring.
You don’t look for who to blame
Or mean punishment give
But instead…
You tell us how we should live.

Having God in my heart
Will make it clean
“In the Arms of Jesus”
Is your favorite scene.
The rooms of my heart
Need attention each day
Just like things in my bedroom,
Everything put away.
(And not hidden in the closet,
Piled, lurking behind the doors,
But carefully folded and placed
Not crammed in the drawers.)

I’m watching you, mom
Every minute.
Every day.
Do you really say what you mean,
Mean what you say?
Do you really, really mean it
That - no matter what I do,
That you love me, really love me,
Heart and soul, through and through?

I’m watching you, mom:
Everything that you do.
Do you really believe
What God says is true.
That He can sustain all our needs,
His power He shares.
That I can cast my anxiety on Him
Just because He cares.

I’m watching you, mom
Everywhere that you go.
The kitchen, the backseat
All these places, your faith shows.
I hear what you say,
There’s no guessing about it,
I see this faith of yours
You don’t have to confess or shout it.

‘Cause I’m watching you, mom,
And I see when you pray.
In your Bible, I read
The words that you say
To God when your heart
Is full – Hey, is that my name?
You prayed for me, its true
I see the date right there, plain.

I'm watching you, mom
I've learned alot, don't you know?!.
How to make panckaes, fold towels,
How and why mold will grow.
How to live. How to laugh.
How to love, even when its hard.
To apologize. Forgive.
How to let down your guard.

I’m watching you, mom
For the love that you show,
For the words that you say,
Everywhere that you go.
I study you, yes I do…
I’m not a peeker,
Or a sneaker
But a deep secret keeper.

I’m watching you, mom.
jsi

It gave me great joy to have some brothers come and tell about your faithfulness to the truth and how you continue to walk in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
III John3-4

No comments: