Monday, March 19, 2007

The Outline of Christ

photos by
Major Steve Howard (xanga smhski) 2007
Burrswood - A Christian Hospital and Place of Healing
Groomsbridge, Kent, U.K.

The Outline of Christ
Outlined in my heart is You, Jesus.
Captivating.
Pure.
Holy.
The dark lines on the outside
Showing the pattern
On the inside -
The example that pleases the heart of God.

I hear the low timbre of Your voice, Jesus,
Speaking clearly -
“Love your neighbor.”
“Seek and save the lost.”
“Go and sin no more.”
“You must be spiritually born again.”
“Peace, be still.”
“I AM the way, the truth and the life.”
“Celebrate, what was once lost is found.”
I am not alone –
Your words resonate and echo
With tenderness and direction.

Outlined in my heart is You, Jesus.
Powerful.
Merciful.
Holy.
Your pattern I want to follow
Transparent outside –
Holiness in action
Is nothing more and nothing less than
Living within the outlines
Of the life of Christ.

Oh, Jesus:
I pray for
Your holy love – fill my heart.
Your holy words – fill my mouth.
Your holy thoughts – fill my mind.
Your holy touch – fill my hands.
Fill them to the brim!
Let them overflow
A growing pool on the floor!
Nothing I do today
Will be a burden,
All of it, every minute,
Is a chance to serve You -
To live within the holy
Outline in my heart
Of Christ.

jsi



If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from His love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should not look to your own interests but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus Philippians 2:1-5

No comments: