Sunday, November 25, 2007

No Doubt About It

:Tea with honey and lemon - early grey, english breakfast, peppermint and ginger - 8 pots

:Sicilian lemonade - 48 ounces

:Chicken noodle soup- 96 ounce

:Tomato soup with goldfish crackers - (they really make all the difference) 36 ounces

:Sugarfree Jello water (lemon, orange, cherry, raspberry) Didn't keep track of those ounces

:Halls Honey and lemon menthol- 100 lozenges

:Advil Dose after dose, waiting for the next one

The dreaded three word sentence, more a resignation than a pronouncement, as I turned the corner as I sneezed and then had to say "God bless me" because no one really knew how I felt:

"Mom is sick."

There is no down time, and it is simply a cold, but it brought the achy feeling and slight fever that is enough to sap your strength. I am the speaker in the pulpit tomorrow morning and my head is resonating with congestion and my throat is husky and provocative sounding. So the best I can gather is I will sound like a cross between Elmer Fudd and Lauren Bacall. Pass the tissues, if you don't mind.

Thank you so much, you are very kind. God bless you!

1 comment:

David said...

So sorry you were sick. I hope you are feeling better. We do what we can. and must.
David