Thursday, November 15, 2007

Anyway






The words of the blessed Mother Teresa reach through the pages and bring me inspiration, motivation and fresh strength today. Her words are printed onto my "Wall of Calm" in my office, right next to my computer.

"People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people may accuse you of selfish motives.
Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you may win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable.
Be honest and transparent anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.
People who really want help may attack you if you help them.
Help them anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt.
Give the world your best anyway."
~Mother Theresa

"So let us not let ourselves get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit. Right now therefore, everytime we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith.

Galatians 6:9-10, The Message

Dearest Lord, encompass me in Your love and plant within me the divine stamina to see others with the eyes of Christ. Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

2 comments:

Cosmo said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all those you love!

David said...

Thanks for the Mother Theresa quotes. I have a post on my site that mentions Mother Theresa. I will give you another quote of hers; it is my favorite:

"To keep a lamp burning, you have to put a little oil in it" Mother Theresa.

This says so much to me. You get what you give. Very important. Thanks for the jog.
David