Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Melody

The Melody

It wraps around my heart
With silky thread,
Clinging, ever so slightly.
This melody

It spins around my memory,
Capturing brief glimpses
Of what was,
This sentimental and melancholy melody.

It moves silently,
Yet arrives and defines
Today - what is,
This impassioned and lively melody.

Its gossamer boundaries
Clouding, but not preventing my view of
What has not yet come to pass,
This hopeful yet tentative melody.

This melody from the soul,
Everywhere I turn it
Captures my attention.

If I want to be anybody,
The someone God intended;
If I’m going to be
Encapsulated within His will
I need to stay awake and pay attention.

Pay attention to this rhythm
Pay attention to this meter
Pay attention to this conversation
Of give and take,
This melody,
This blessed and sacred melody
Christ in me – the hope of glory.

jsi

No comments: