Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Crosses


Summer sunset Camp Allegheny Cross photo taken by Annie Buckles xanga.com/anniebuck

When I survey the wondrous cross on which the King of Glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss, and pour contempt on all my pride.














Autumn Glory Camp Allegheny Cross photo taken by Annie Buckles xanga.com/anniebuck

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast, save in the death of Christ my God!
All the vain things that charm me most, I sacrifice them to His blood.


St. Stephen United Church of Christ, Sandusky, OH Lent 2007

See from His head, His hands, His feet, sorrow and love flow mingled down!
Did e’er such love and sorrow meet, or thorns compose so rich a crown?



St. Stephen's United Church of Christ, Sandusky OH Lent 2007

His dying crimson, like a robe, spreads o’er His body on the tree;
Then I am dead to all the globe, and all the globe is dead to me.



photo taken by Major Steve Howard xanga.com/smhski

Were the whole realm of nature mine, that were a present far too small;
Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all.

Isaac Watts


















Sandusky Community Church of the Nazarene, Sandusky OH Lent 2007
But now a righteousness apart from God, apart from the law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Him as a sacrifice of atonement. Romans 3:21-25
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates His own for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:6-8
What then, shall we say in response to this? If God be for us, who can be against us? he who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all - how will he not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things? In all things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neighter death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:31-32; 37-39

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cadet Stobes!! said...

Here are is a beautidul chorus that someone has put to the beautiful verse you pasted on.

O the wonderful Cross, O the wonderful Cross bids my come and die and find that I may truly live. O the wonderful Cross, O the wonderful Cross. All who gather here, by grace draw near and bless Your name!

And this is the chorus to a song I wrote four or so years ago, called O the Cross.

O the Cross where my Saviour died, thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. You died a death that should have been me. Instead You took my place and died, Upon a tree.

Thank you for your posts! May you experience all of our Great God's abundant blessings as you continue to serve Him faithfull in all that you do!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Jessie,
These are breathtaking images! The first from Camp Allegheny is especially near to my heart because I have heard so many stories from my father who worked there a hundred years ago!

God bless you!