Monday, June 4, 2007

The LORD of Hope in the Land of the Living

Psalm 27 carries so many points of power and strength, a Word straight to my heart this morning.

"The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?" verse 1
Lord, when You are the stronghold of my life, everything else falls into its place and its perspective. "A place for everything and everything in its place" is not just helpful information and housecleaning advice, it is advice for my heart. Lord, please keep the details of my heart in place. Align these perspectives so none of them get out of balance. These medical details and the fear they bring - don't let it consume my heart. Prevent me from "filling in the blanks" before the doctor does. Calm my heart, it trembles so. Attend to these concerns, these details that have no answers for me but You know all about and will show me one at a time. Give me Your patience and assurance that no matter what, You are there.

"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek Him in His temple. For in the day of trouble He will keep me safe in His dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of His tabernacle and set me high upon a rock." verses 4-5
Lord, I ask so many things of You. I talk to You all day long, reaching out for Your strength and guidance. Thank you for humbly, powerfully drawing me back to the awareness that You are not my spiritual grocery store, waiting upon me hand and foot. I ask just to be able to be in Your presence, Lord. Your presence is the deepest blessing of my life, not what You will do for me or protect me from. I am drawn to You because of who You are, You call my name.
"I will sing and make music to the LORD." verse 6Lord, I draw such encouragement and power from making music. Thank you for a song in my heart to be expressed. I sing and make music to praise Your name! Thank you for others who resonate with the same desire to worship Your name and presence with the overflowing expression of music. I do not make music for the audience, for my husband, for my horn section, for my children, for my congregation. I sing and make music for You, Lord!
"My heart says of me, 'Seek His face!' Your face, O LORD will I seek." verse 8I look for Your activity, Lord, for Your touch and movement. Encourage that desire to look for You...help me to always look for You.
"Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me. Teach me Your way , O LORD; lead me in a straight path" verse 11
My parents have shown me deep, unconditional love and raised me in a caring and positive way. But as I am an adult, it is more obvious to me how they are not perfect. Prevent my criticism LORD, hear my concerns and transform them into a ministry I can share with my parents. They have never turned their back on me, but I need Your wisdom and guidance to lead me, especially when concerning what You need to have shared with my parents. Thank you for drawing my into your family, calling me Your child, and showing me, without out doubt, the straight way I need to walk.
"I am confident of this: I would have given up long ago if I had not seen the LORD of hope in the land of the living." verse 13

Lord, Your hope has been so compelling to me. This world needs hope, divine hope, a reason to live, a reason to continue this life. Too many people around me feel hopeless. Continue to use me as a channel of Your hope, your divine encouragement that life is worth living and has powerful, compelling purpose. Help me Lord to hold onto the fact that there are no gifts or publications or groceries or clothing items or utility interventions that are more important than giving the people who turn to me Your divine Word that today is the day that You have made and we can rejoice! Thank you Lord for the people in my life who witness to Your activity - they are physical reminders that You are here with us, in the land of the living. Continue to inspire us to be Your physical evidence of deep, compelling compassion and transforming power.

Thank you, Lord Thank you Lord Thank you, Lord Thank you, Lord Thank you, Lord

Thank you, Lord

No comments: