Thursday, August 21, 2008

Trust or Worry

I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish He didn’t trust me so much. ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will. ~ Epictetus

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.
~Ernest Hemingway

What worries you, masters you. ~John Locke

It is impossible to trust and worry at the same time. ~ Lt. Colonel Judy LaMarr
My heart is wrapped with chords
Harmonizing with other hearts;
Singing a fresh, unique song.
Resonating “I trust you”,
Echoing sure and strong.

My heart is wrapped in layers
Of people, places, detailed faces:
Memories deep and clear.
Friendship with its depth
Love that is sincere.

My heart is wrapped in trust
Worry tries to build a home there -
Worry is my temptation.
Worry is not trust, concern or love:
It’s a greedy, desperate imitation.

My heart is wrapped in prayer
When worry makes appearances
Prayer is my strength-filled conversation.
“God is in charge COMPLETELY!”
God’s peace disarms hesitation.

“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:4-7 NIV

1 comment:

ǝuoʎuɐzǝɥʇ said...

Hi. Ijsut saw your comment on novelle360's blog about hosing a kid off in the back yard.




I wet myself a little laughing so hard at the mental image. tahnks for sharing.